Thursday, January 21, 2010

Redefining, Music, and Future Endeavors...

Ok, so I know I said that I would be back in 18 days. It's been a bit more than that...my bad.  However, I have been taking all this time trying to piece my life back together after a pretty extensive series of unfortunate events.  Now that I can finally breathe easy again, there are a few items that I want to touch base on...

When I first created this blog, I had high hopes of letting people know about the musical aspect of my life.  But for some reason, it actually turned out to be focused on my personal life.  This is going to change, because my life has been too complicated for me to vent to complete strangers and I don't want people to get the wrong idea about me.  So, this blog is seriously going to be for my music and music in my life; my projects and progress as a person trying to make a living through music in the PNW.

That being said, allow me to share with you my experiences since returning to the 206.

Upon my return, I have a had a few shows (ofcourse, it will be a bit slow since I am just coming back into the scene).  The first of which was just a small cameo in the Cornish senior recital of an old classmate.  I sang 'Mas Que Nada' (a classic Brazilian favorite) and then 'Sun Goddess' as an instrumental.  A very short performance for me, but it felt so good to get on stage again after not singing for so long...And on the very first stage I ever performed on in Seattle: Poncho Concert Hall.  It was very nostalgic for me.  Like "Beginning Again"...

The second show that I did was as a featured and backing vocalist for the Winter Classic 2009 at Nectar Lounge in Fremont, put on by The Big World Breaks (a local heavy-weight band that explores different world music elements thrown into a funky Hip Hop and R&B oriented base).  I was featured on their latest album singing "The 12th of October" (ironically track 12 on the CD), a song I co-wrote with band-leader and good friend Aaron Walker-Loud.  Also performing, were a slew of MCs and vocalists from Seattle.  It was an unforgetable evening with heart-pumping rhythms and a packed house.  Needless to say, I am very excited about the next Classic.  In whichever season it chooses to appear.

Thirdly, on New Years Day, I was fortunate enough to be able to sing back-up for Choklate; international R&B/Soul songstress, very near and dear to The Town.  This has been the second opportunity I have had to back her up.  I am very honored that she chose me again for the job! :)...  She was performing at The Triple Door Mainstage opening for Grammy nominated independant artist, Eric Roberson.  It was my first time hearing him perform and it was beyond inspiring.  Listening to and watching both Choklates and Eric Robersons performances motivated me to reach for more as an artist and to explore new avenues in my songwriting. 

Lastly, I just wanted to make a quick mention that aside from this blog dedicated to my own musical experiences, I am starting 2 other blogs! (Joy!)  One will be a blog to feature the vast assortment of local musicians in Seattle (all genres).  I will be interviewing as many local musicians and musical acts as possible, in hopes of being able to bring a wide variety of sounds to you all and possibly gain more fans for these local talents.  The other blog will be about what we, as Americans, physically consume on a daily basis.  I have experienced a lot of maladies because of some of the foods and products that I have come in contact with.  Through this blog, I hope to awaken people to their own physical well-being and light the fire of change in our habits.

I am just keeping it short and simple for now because I have more blogs to write. I promise that while things are still fresh in my mind I will be ever so much more detailed in future posts! 

Please stay tuned for these 2 new blogs!

Next on this blog: I will recap the Sambatuque Reunion Show that went down last Saturday! You should have been there! ;)

--Keep your ears open

PS- Don't be afraid to comment or give feedback.  Your thoughts and opinions are appreciated!

No comments: